The Penang Hindu Endowments Board (PHEB) is a statutory body as set out in the Hindu Endowments Act in 1906. Its main role is to administer the endowments placed under its administration.
Endowment means any endowment be it land, landed property, buildings, houses, burial grounds, temples, money given or to be given for the benefit of the Hindu community in Penang.
The endowments administered by the Board are:
- Waterfall Endowment
- Queen Street Endowment
- Butterworth Endowment
- Sri Kunj Bihari Endowment
- Ranee Dhoby Ghaut Endowment
In addition to managing 5 Endowments, the Board also administers:
- Burial Ground – Batu Lanchang, Penang, Jalan Siram, Butterworth, Batu Kawan, Simpang Ampat, Byram, Nibong Tebal, Seberang Jaya, Butterworth, Prai and Batu Itam, Balik Pulau.
- Multipurpose Hall – Dewan Sree Mariamman, Butterworth
- Properties – Houses, Land and Shop Lots
- Temples –
- Kuil Sri Selva Vinayagar Hindu Paripalana Devastanam, Prai
- Kuil Dewi Sri Annai Thropathi Amman, Nibong Tebal
- Kuil Sri Sakthi Vinayagar, Jalan Fettes, Penang
- Kuil Dewi Sree Veerapathra Maha Kaliamman, Bagan Ajam, Butterworth
The Board also organizes the annual Thaipusam and Ponggal festival`s in Penang.